Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 2:55 AM
To: JFW Software Support
Cc: JFW List Serve; Hal Knight
Subject: I am **Greatly** Disappointed...

Attention Freedom Scientific:

The purpose of this E-mail is to lodge a formal complaint against Freedom
Scientific (FS) for the anger and frustration I, Beto Escobar III, LMSW, a
faithful consumer, feels when I think of what has just transpired.  I would
like for FS to clearly understand how angry, this loyal consumer feels when he
writes down what has transpired.

I, Beto Escobar III, LMSW, have been a faithful consumer to FS since my initial
experience came about when I was given my first copy of JFW 2.0.  This was so
long ago; it was given to me on one (01) 3.5 inch diskette.  This version of
JFW 2.0 was purchased for me by the Texas Commission for the Blind (TAB) when I
was in my undergraduate studies at Our Lady of the Lake University (OLLU) in
San Antonio, Texas.  I used JFW, as well, when I continued my education in
graduate school at the same university.  Do not think I am leading you off on a
tangent, but rather what I am exhaustively attempting to do is show you how you
have truly upset a long and valued consumer of two (02) products you, Freedom
Scientific, makes and sells.

On Monday of this week, 05/03/04, I telephoned Freedom Scientific to
**purchase** two Key Disks.  I paid extra to have them sent to me in an
expeditious manner and they arrived today 05/06/04 thus meeting that specific
criteria.  When I inserted the Key Disk into my disk drive, however, to place a
key on my PC, one key is successfully transferred, but when I check to see the
quantity of keys left on the disk, I get a surprise-- there were only two (02)
remaining keys.  You must keep in mind; these are the brand new key disks which
arrived not more than 10 minutes earlier this day.  Why is this so?  I am
expecting to see the numerical value of four (04) not the numerical value of
two (02).  I believe what has agitated me so much is that I am unemployed, yet
a professional with both an under graduate and graduate degrees, but unemployed
simply because of my blindness, yet I am still
attempting, and failing often, to raise a family of five (05) i.e. one wife and
three children.
  I am also hoping that FS understands that $32.00 can do a lot for a family of
five (05).

What do I want, you may ask, well let me say this; it would be very easy for me
to telephone you, FS, tomorrow 05/07/04, and have FS instruct me, over the
telephone, on how to add two (02) more keys on each key disk I have **just
purchased**, but because of how this has aggravated my Arthritis, "Yes", I have
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (JRA), and "Yes." I give you permission to
contact by telephone my Rheumatologist's office.  His name is Joe L. Cole, MD,
to ascertain if what I am complaining about is the truth.  His telephone number
is (210) 930-0440.  Never the less, however, I would like for FS to send me two
(02) more Key Disks, but with the appropriate numbers of JFW Keys on each disk.
 This means I would like for FS to send me two (02) Key Disks with five (05)
Keys on each of the disks.  I would also like for FS to send me, via E-mail,
instructions on how to add more keys on a
Key Disk, myself.  I do not wish to be in a position to lose my last key late
Friday night a
 nd wait until that coming Monday to order new disk (s) then wait until that
coming Thursday (if you special order it as I did this time) to get my JAWS to
work properly i.e. not stopping everything you are doing on the PC so I can
perform a soft reboot and initiate JAWS to work again for another 40 minutes.

Respectfully,

Beto Escobar III, LMSW

Post script-

I will send this to two different entities entities and one person: JFW List
Serve and ask them for some advocacy, and GW Micro, the makers of Window Eyes.

Post post script-

I would also like for FS to look at my profile/file, in your electronic filing
system, to see how long and how faithful I have been to FS.  I am hoping this
will also add some credence to all that I have written and also asked.