Re: How to generate Spanish characters?

  • From: "Jerry Neufeld" <jerry.neufeld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 09:14:05 -0400

Hello Allan.

Assuming you have added one of the numerous Spanish keyboards via the
control panel, unless you changed a setting, all you need do is bring up
that Spanish keyboard by holding down your left alt key, then pressing
rapidly then releasing your left shift key and you should have switched to
that new keyboard. You can verify which keyboard you have up by either going
to the system tray or simply pressing the semicolon key that should generate
your n tilde character. Most of the Spanish keyboards provide for the acute
accent mark above a letter, generating it by pressing the open bracket key,
just to the right of the p, then pressing the character you wish accented.
Aside from this, you should press insert + 1, the number on the upper left
of your keyboard. You can then press any key to hear what it represents. A
number of them will have changed. Turn this feature off again by pressing
insert + 1.

Good luck.

Jerry