Re: How to creat message rules

  • From: "Richard Sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 16:54:38 -0800

Hi,
Reposting the information I was given a while ago about the same thing.

Rich

  block quote
  From: Adrian Spratt
  I'm copying instructions I received a while ago from fellow lister G.W.
Cox.  I'm guessing they came originally from Debbie Scales.  If he were
responding here, he'd give appropriate credit.  I found the procedure very
difficult because each step must be done precisely, but it does work.  I
hope it does the job for you.
  This example will be for making a filter for the jaws users list. It is
only a sample rule to give you the idea how these things are created. Once
you understand the basic concept you'll be able to create other rules for
yourself.
  First make a folder named jaws users. To do so press control shift E, type
jaws users, then tab and arrow up to Local folders, then hit enter.
  Press alt T, then R to take you to message rules Enter on mail. Tab over
to New and press the space bar. Arrow down until you hear where the subject
line contains specific words and press the space bar. Tab once to the
Actions list. You will hear "Move it to the specified folder." Again, press
the space bar. Tab once to the rules description dialog and down arrow one
time. You will hear where the subject line contains specific words. Hit
enter. Type in [jaws_users]. Tab one time to Add and press enter. Now tab
until you hear OK and press enter.
  You will be back at the rules description dialog. Now down arrow two times
and you will hear specified. Hit enter.
  Now you will up or down arrow until you hear the name of your folder
spoken, jaws users. Tab over to Ok and hit enter. Now tab once and hit the
back space till the edit field is empty, give the Rule a name such as jaws
users. Now tab to ok and hit enter. Tab to apply and enter, enter on the OK
button Then
  on close, tab to OK and enter.
  block quote end