RE: How To Get JAWS To Run at Windows Login Prompt

  • From: "Barbara" <barbaraanne1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 21:26:28 -0600

Hello List,

I too am most interested in this thread.  I have a similar problem.  My
employer directs us to logoff our computers each night, not to shut it down.
When I come in each morning, I can have one of three different screen
options presented to me:
-  The regular logon screen
-  A confirmation of our security policies
-  Notification that my password needs to be reset

Of course I could be sure to change my password in a timely interval not to
have that screen presented, but Since the security verification is randomly
presented, I never know which screen is present on any given day.

I have been advised that powering down is not "good" for the computer, but
at the moment, that is the only choice I have to get JAWS talking again.

Please keep me in the flow if anyone solves this situation.  I will do the
same.
I can be reached directly at either:
BarbaraAnne1@xxxxxxx - personal
BABolin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - professional.