Re: Hints for Word XP ??

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:22:11 -0700

Just want to mention to this lister that what he's encountering isn't a
"mistake," but rather one of three options for how typing may be echoed in
Jaws.  That he mentions only word makes me wonder if the Jaws parameters for
Word are already set on his system than for other applications requiring
text editing, such as WordPad or Notepad or his email program, probably
Outlook Express.  It should all start out being set the same, though of
course a person can modify that behavior program by program (I don't; I'm
satisfied to have my typing echo behave the same way across the board and,
when I need to hear it differently, I just adjust the temporary setting
which others have described that you get by pressing Insert num row 2 and
cycling among the options none (silent), word, and character.

The method below is for changing the default of that setting, so that the
echo normally will behave in the silent, character or world mode unless
temporarily changed with the Insert num row 2 method.

Hope this helps elucidate and show the context.