Help with active-x controls

  • From: Jeanie Vejil <proud2have-tsedog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:16:20 -0600

Hi all.

I have a question concerning active-x controls and what they are used for
and how to deal with them.

I am a medical transcriptionist and need to access a web site which is part
of the company I work for.  I am the only blind transcriptionist working
for this company, so I'll get no help from anyone there.

Every time I try to click on a link on the web site I need to access, I get
the following message:

Microsoft internet explorer dialog:  Your current security settings
prohibit running active-x controls on this page.  As a result,, the page
may not display correctly, okay button.

This prevents me from even getting in far enough to put in the user name
and password.

I am running win 98 SE, JFW 5.01, and IE 6.0.

Any suggestions or instructions would be very much appreciated.

Jeanie Vejil