Help installing second sound card

  • From: "Cher Bosch" <Cher.Bosch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 07:54:41 -0600

Dear List,

I have some questions about the above--

1) If I have someone install a second card, is it correct that JAWS
will remain on the default (original) card?

2) If I go into control panel and change windows and all other sounds
to the new card, will JAWS still be using the old card?  (I'll perhaps
need more specific instructions for this, if this is correct.)

3) So, if the above is true, then is there no need to modify the JAWS
.ini file?

4) Since there were sometimes issues with JAWS stuttering with the
SoundBlaster Live cards, I'm thinking to leave JAWS on the original
on-board card, and use the SB Live for music, etc.  Does this seem
logical?

5) Will all of this enable me to turn down loud music on web pages and
adjust JAWS volume separately, as I hope?

Please feel free to take this off list if appropriate and mail me
directly at the address below.  Thanks a million to anyone who can
assist.

Cher Bosch
Services for the Blind & Visually Impaired
Cher.Bosch@xxxxxxxxxxx
865-594-6060 X1129