Help With Web Navigation

Happy New Year all:

No power user am I but I'm looking for a Web Site tip.
Often while at a site, I will select and copy a link within the site to an
article and paste the selected link into an e mail message.
When returning to the site for further navigation, the Alt plus left arrow
does not return me to the web page.  I end up having to close the window
with the link I copied and getting back to the Web page with my Internet
Explorer browser.
Is there a way to get away from my copied link and return to the web page
without having to browsing to the site from scratch?
Hope this makes sense and thanks for any help.  Mitch