Re: Heeeelp, Mirror Display Driver won't install!!!

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 12:56:38 -0700

Nermin,

I'm not sure what the "RC" implies, nor why FS refuses to help. What's that
all about?

In any case, we walked through the registry, cleaning out any keys that were
specific to JAWS, and there were several with the multiple-character key
names that start with the left bracket ([) symbol.

The most important part of the registry surgery had to do with finding
instances of jfwvid and deleting them. I recall there were jfwvid(0) and
jfwvid(1) in my registry that all needed to be removed. Apparently these
were related to the video chain.

Again once all the changes were done and the registry was saved, JAWS was
non-functional and the system needed to be rebooted to a non-JAWS state.
Then I launched a JAWS install executable that I had set up as an icon on my
desktop, and followed the instruction. It was basically a very clean,
first-time install and of course required that I go through the activation,
so keep your original activation code handy.

Alternatively you could also install JAWS using your original CD, rather
than a desktop launch.

Again it's strange that FS is resistant to helping.

Dave