RE: Has anyone used BitTorrent with JFW?

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:37:36 -0400

Thanks to you and Sin for your help.

I did find and try ABC, but it seemed to me to be a publishing only
client.  I'll look for burst and give it a try.

As I was telling Sin, I've never tried a p2p client before, but the
technology in BitTorrent is being talked about so much in the techy and
science mags, that I wanted to try it just for the experience of having
a download at up to 1,000 times the normal speed.

I realize that's an unusual case, but still, the whole idea of
superfast, completely decentralized, non-linear file downloads is
interesting.

Chip Orange
Database Administrator
Florida Public Service Commission