Re: Greater greater greater`

  • From: Doug Lee <dgl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:25:06 -0500

His suggestion would only stop JAWS from pronouncing greater-than
signs in emails, not in all other applications.  I couldn't tell if
you knew that already; sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 07:39:33PM -0800, Yardbird wrote:
Ah.  Okay, so that's what he was saying.  it sounded like a command in Word
for search and replace.  I got confused for some reason.  Anyway, I'm not
interested in stopping Jaws from speaking that character, as I use it
sometimes.  I remember a freeware program a few yeas ago that actually would
strip those signs out of an email if you ran it with the email open, but
that was a long time ago, on another computer.  At any rate, I've gotten
fairly used to bearing with hearing those marks, and I don't want to silence
them in Jaws out of annoyance.  So I guess this isn't an option for me.
Nor, of course, do I want to do without punctuation verbosity enough to
silence that mark as well as much else.  So this won't be solved with any
adjustment to Jaws, for me.  Some day I'll come upon that little program for
stripping out the marks from an annoying email, and I'll share the URL.