Re: Google Chrome

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 12:53:44 -0400

Yes, that was my concern. However, I'm not a programmer, and I was hoping its being open source might enable experts to find a way of making it accessible. That said, it's not clear what google's plans are for Chrome. They have a contract with Firefox extending into 2011, as I recall. So I don't believe they intend to supplant either IE or Firefox, even if they had the ability. Chrome seems to be part of a larger strategy to ensure Microsoft doesn't supplant google. In short, while we wish we had equal access to all applications, we should still be able to use IE or Firefox to accomplish what Chrome does. As the article points out, Chrome has features that already exist in Firefox and have been incorporated into IE8.