Re: Good RSS Reader?

  • From: Parham Doustdar <parham90@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 22:19:32 +0330

I am currently using Thunderbird's RSS reader which works perfectly with Jamal Mazrui's scripts.

On 1/29/2010 8:54 PM, Soronel Haetir wrote:
I started scripting YeahReader but then it began crashing every time I
  launched it so I uninstalled.  Will take a look at SharpReader and
Snarfer to see if something can be done with either of them.

On 1/25/10, Gerald Levy<bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Unfortunately, most of the third party RSS feed readers are not very
accessible.  As far as I'm concerned, the most accessible feed reader is the
one built into IE 7 and 8.  IE 8 has an option to play a sound when a feed
is updated, but it doesn't seem to work.  Otherwise, the IE feed reader is
easier to use than any of the stand -alone clients I have tried, including
YeaReader, Sharp Reader and Snarfer.

Gerald