Getting off list - 2 methods

  • From: "Paul Benson" <paul.benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 13:26:58 +0100

Hello Lee,

You have to leave the list by your own actions, there are 2 ways.

I understand it is possible to leave the list by the following method:

1. Send an email to the address:

jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
.
2. In the subject line, type the single word:

unsubscribe
.
3. Do not type any message in the email.

I have not tried this method myself, I suspect you will receive an email in
reply to your request, asking you to confirm you wish to leave the list. Just
follow the instructions to return that confirmation reply email exactly as it
came to you.

     *     *

There is another method, which I have used successfully to leave other lists
from freelists.

1. Go to the web site:

www.freelists.org
.
2. On the home page, find the link for:

Find, join, or leave a list

which is near the bottom of the page, and enter on it.

3. Enter the word:

JAWS

in the search box, and select the link for JFW from the results of the search.

4. You are now on a page for JFW, with a text-box. Enter your email address,
and alter the drop-down box to unsubscribe, and enter on the button just below
this box.

5. You should now receive an email from freelists, asking for confirmation you
wish to leave the list for that page on the site, in this case, JFW, follow the
instructions.

Paul Benson.