Re: Getting around Winamp Update freeze-out

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:17:33 -0800

I just launched Winamp to look at Preferences. I'm sorry to say that I can't
find a way to turn off the update notices. it's not under General options
nor the other categories in the Preferences menu, either. Also, I noticed
that Jaws isn't providing all the accessibility in the Preference menu that
I assumed it was, because I think I have the correct scripts for Winamp. The
reason I'm saying this is because, wondering why most of the listed options
didn't seem to have ways to get into them or adjust them, I switched to the
Jaws cursor to explore the menu. And I frequently heard "quarter circle,
followed by their state, checked or unchecked," which I imagine this means
there are radio buttons or check boxes associated with a lot of the items
and I'm not seem them or the options they represent.

Hmm. Any advice?