Getting Confused in Outlook Express

  • From: "Bill Gallik" <wfgallik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:58:15 -0500

Hi,

I am running JAWS 5.00.844 on a 733 MHz, 512 MB RAM Windows 2000 system with
all updates and patches installed.

The video driver is a RAGE 128 Pro.

I am using Outlook Express and Internet Explorer 6.xxx.

I am having two particularly aggravating problems; one with Outlook Express
and the other with Internet Explorer.

The problem in Outlook Express is that JAWS regularly gets confused in the
main message display.  JAWS will speak "Top of Window" even though I know
for a certainty that I am on the last message of several in a folder list.
I typically have to shut down and relaunch JAWS before it will get
straightened out.

The problem in Internet Explorer is that I frequently find that going to the
JAWS cursor to read the screen produces a bogus "blank screen" reading.
Again, shutting down and restarting JAWS corrects this situation.

Does anybody else experience these problems?

Does anybody know why this may be happening?

Can anybody offer some solution to these problems?

Thanks,
- Bill Gallik