From: Kelly Pierce <kellytalk@xxxxxxxxx
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Mon, 21 May 2007 22:20:38 -0500
Subject: Re: Freedom Scientific, Inc. Asked to Cease Lawsuit
Against Serotek Corporation

MessageEverett,

the lawsuit is not about trademark infringement. Apparently FS's
new private equity owners are so hungry for money, they will sue anyone if they think they can get a bigger settlement than what they paid for the lawyers. most significantly, the Freedom Box company has new and innovative technology that allows blind people to access computers remotely or portably in a seamless way. rather than innovate and match the competition, it was probably deemed by FS that an aggressive lawsuit could severely weaken this competitor or put them out of business.

In this country, loads of folks jump into the courtroom to
achieve aims that have nothing to do with the merits of the case.

Kelly