Re: Freedom Box, a personal reaction

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 11:48:00 -0700

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your input. Please understand that I figured out what they
thought they were conveying by such a name, trust me. so your explanation
wasn't really  necessary, although thanks for bothering. What I'm saying,
though, and I say this as someone who worked in public relations, where word
choices are arrived at much more carefully than this example, is that I had
to think about it for more than a couple of milliseconds before I figured
out what they thought they were conveying by "freedom box." I really think
it was a terrible choice, and I know what I mean by that. I shouldn't have
had to even think about it. They should have hired an ad agency or
something, because this was really amateruish of them. On the other hand, I
never have figure out what the shark in the Spielberg movie has to do with
screen reader technology, but whatever, like they say. Strange world, this
market.
As for the rest, thanks for running it all down so informatively. It's all
very nice, their equipment and programs. I have nothing against any of it. I
was confining myself in my comments to things I'm intimately familiar with
by my experience.

Thanks very much.