Format question

Hello Group
I wonder what the use of
Block quote start
and
Block quote end
are fore, can you set up JFW to skip over them? What are this for, I know it is for a sighted user, but what is the purpose?
What does it do to the message, there must be a reason, how would you put them into the document?
This is JAWS related because if they are of no use I will use JAWS to just remove or camouflage them.
Dick