Re: Firefox dialogs will not read properly

  • From: Brandon B <serrebi101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 22:35:50 -0800

This happens to me on facebook as well, although I have found a temp work around if anyones interested. It doesn't always work, but it might get you functionality for a little while longer lol!

Press insert z, wait a few seconds, press it again, keep repeating the second step[you should only have to do this once] and it will exit forms mode[wtf? lol], and sometimes you will have proper vertual cursor support. It only seems to happen on facebook for me, although I've heard of cases of it happening in ebay search pages, as well in IE. I know of one person who's switched back to jaws9 out of annoyence.

Adrian Spratt wrote:
Speaking for myself, yes, I experience this problem with Firefox 3.1b2. Chris missed that I've discussed it with FS. They tried to replicate it, but without access to the pages in question, they couldn't. If others are encountering problems involving this version of Firefox with JAWS 10, I hope they will report them. Again, JAWS 9 works fine with Firefox on these pages.

----- Original Message ----- From: "E.J. Zufelt" <lists@xxxxxxxxx>