Re: Firefox dialogs will not read properly

Hello Adrian:

When we as individuals, who are visually impaired, ask for assistance from a
person who can see, for directions, for help crossing a road/street, for
help to a door of a store or building, what is to say that person won't try
to rob us when they have finished giving us the directions, when we reach
the other side of the road/street or helped us to the door of the store or
building.

Given the fact that the tech support agents at FS announce their name, when
they answer the phone,  It would be extremely stupid of any of the
representatives, if they were so inclined, to then try and rip off any of
your personal information, that might be associated with the particular web
site that you are trying to get help, wouldn't it!

I agree that we have to be careful as to who we give personal information
but, we also have to be careful that we don't cut off our nose to spite our
face in the process.

Of course, if you are using JAWS 10, the tech support at FS can use the
Tandem center function to connect to the web site through your computer.

So, you would see if they tried to go to any sensitive areas of a site that
contained personal information.

That is why I would change my username and password to a temporary username
and password for the site I needed help, let the FS agent use them, then
switch back to the original username and password, once  the tandem session
was finished.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber