RE: Finding your authorization number on the computer.

  • From: "sue" <sueb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 13:15:02 -0400

HI

That is actually a good question. JAWS provides information during the
installation of an upgrade as to whether that serial number has the appropriate
number of upgrades remaining on its SMA.  This information is both in the About
JAWS dialog and in the registry. It likely is tied to the serial number and the
20 digit code upon initial install, thus making the 20 digit code on the CD
unnecessary for an upgrade.  When you update your SMA that info gets tied to
your serial number in Freedom Scientific's databasse (presumably).

Does that help?

Sue B