Re: Finally got Jaws 12!

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <Dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "org, jfw@freelists. " <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 00:48:08 -0000

    you have done well. I have at last got a hardrive replacement that was not
faulty for my windows 7 and got nvda on but not jaws,still much to do.  but you
ask about using jaws not connected to internet. I used jaws for a good   while
before thinking about isp's and got used to artificial speech,after having to
give up my much loved portable typewriter.and my ocr which i must not name to
be able to scan even carbon copies wow that was a thrill. however at that time
in London I was able to buy a short corse from a certain organisation,not rnib
and was really out of their area but Ipaid fora tutor to visit got 5 visits,,
one day he said"would you like to send an email? I agreed of course,so he sets
up a dial up connection with a company called tiscali we try it out my very
first email ever, we get this .a welcome from the postmaster of tiscali and a
thousand cookies and bang! some thing called Blaster,. tutor is apalled he
cannot kill it,he must go home and research it,,a week later he returns with
something to kill this blaster thing I ask him why could you not protect my
computer it has f secure on it? he said no we had to make the phone call to the
isp to get any connection,it is all Microsoft's fault it is a hole inwindows,
to this day I am still not sure if he could've protected my machine, I think he
called it both welcher and blaster, well  it  took any fun away from my first
email but I remember it well I wonder if any of you do? Dorothy  ---- Original
Message -----