Re: Faking 2 or 3 Key Presses In Jaws 6 for

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 05:20:32 -0500

Adam,

I am using a Windows XP Pro system, but I have not yet installed JFW 6. I am
using JFW 5.10, and Sticky Keys works fine.

In some previous versions of JFW, there was a bug which prevented Sticky
Keys from functioning properly. The versions between JFW 3.7U and 5.10 were
incompatible with Sticky Keys. I am hoping this bug has not been
reintroduced in JFW version 6.

I need you to provide me with more details about what sticky Keys is or is
not doing.

If you go into a notepad file, for example, and starting at the beginning of
the text, hit Control + Shift + End, does all the text on the document get
selected?

If the answer is no, try turning off JFW, and then try selecting all the
text using this same 3-key combination. (Note: You'll need to have a sighted
assistant watch to see if the text gets selected.)

If the 3-key combination worked with JFW turned off, then you will know that
JFW version 6 is incompatible with the Sticky Keys utility.

If you still have JFW version 5.10 installed on your computer, try this same
experiment. If you have configured Sticky Keys properly, all 3-key
combinations should work, including combinations which include the Insert
key. Please let me know what happens.

Regards,

Alan

Adam wrote:

Hey Alan,

Still no luck! Turned on Sticky Keys in XP Pro and my 3-key combination
doesn't work at all. I think there's a timing or synchronization problem
here. We

have two players: Windows XP Pro and Jaws 6. Windows via its sticky stuff
should allow the user to press 2 or 3 keys prior to getting out of some
keyboard

hit loop. Jaws via its Insert Key Mode should listen to the last key pressed
or keep track of the pressed keys, and then react accordingly. This is not

the case in my situation, maybe I'm missing something here. Since it works
for you, could you please provide more details on your settings for 3 or
4-key

combinations.

Thanks in advance,

Adam