Re: Facebook accessibility - Did you know

  • From: Sue B <sueb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 19:48:02 -0400

Yardbird,

I love your attitude. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Sue B.

Yardbird wrote:
Sue,

Just to confirm, I'm less than wholeheartedly enthusiastic about Facebook and how it's some to overwhelm a certain levee  of social reality. I'm ambivalent about it, shall we say. But I, like you, want to feel at least marginally connected with it, so I signed up, often use the stripped-down mobile site just to see what messages have appeared on my wall  and respond to them if I wish, and so forth. I don't go cruising all over the site and do a bunch of things. It's like a jungle to me, and I don't need to spend my time and effort this way. But it's no use ranting against it, because it's simply there, and life keeps changing. Besides, for anyone who keeps up with current events especially via online newspapers and magazines, as I do, Facebook has been praised, excoriated, and everything in between for so many months or even longer by now that it seems absurdly redundant (vocab attention, A.S.!) to even bother. Just do something with it or forgo it or, like/as they say, whatever.

What a world, huh?
Joel