To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2010 11:16 PM
Subject: Experiences with different web browsers and JAWS

Hello list.

I've often thought it would be nice to do away with Internet Explorer and use something that's smaller, more compact and quicker, and, according to many, more secure. The thing that's really held me back is that IE, of course, has very good native JAWS scripts. I did fiddle with firefox a few years ago and found the experience a little bit frustrating. So, what I'm wondering is, what experiences have people had using the other common browsers around nowadays (Chrome, Firefox and Opera are mostly what I'm considering) and their functionality with the JAWS system? Any recommendations or thoughts, be they for browser, settings, add-ons, etc, would be greatly appreciated. For information, I'm using JAWS 9 and Windows XP at present. Thanks.