RE: Excel question

  • From: "Linda Yacks" <lyacks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 09:24:42 -0700

Hi,

You need to write a formula.  The way I do it is to put my cursor in the
cell at the end of the column I want to add/sum.  The formula looks like
@sum(a2:a25) to add the cells in column a2-a25.

When you read the formula, it wil most likely say "=(a2:a25).

I have never had luck using the = sign to start the formula, but it is
probably operator trouble (grin.

To read the formula with jaws, just put your cursor in the cell and press
the F2 key.  That will open the cell and you can read or edit the cell.
hth, Linda

  _____