Re: Empty Address Bar

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 10:39:51 -0500

Gerald,

G.W. Cox wrote the following in response to another lister with the same
problem involving IE7:

There is a possibility the address bar was moved or jiggled out of position. To
restore it is tricky without sighted assistance, but look for the address bar
items with your Jaws cursor and when you find it, hit the left mouse button
twice quickly and it will bounce bac, into place. A sighted person with a mouse
can just double click with a mouse anywhere in the address bar field.

In an earlier message that involved IE6, he added this note:

the first thing to do is go to the view menu, toolbars, and make sure you only
have standard buttons and address bar checked and not any others. For example
if you have Norton Anti-virus, then uncheck it.

I know you don't have Norton antivirus, but it's an example of what he means.

I hope this helps.