Re: Eloquence Stuttering

  • From: "golden" <golden89@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 14:19:31 -0800

greetings

      Problem:
      With Windows XP and a Sound Blaster Live card, Eloquence causes a
      crackling sound at the ends of words and sentences. This has been
      reproduced on several computers running various combinations of
hardware
      and software.

      This affects JAWS 4.x and higher as well as MAGic 8.x
      Solution:
      There are two options for resolving this issue:

      Option A:

      Anti-Crackling Patch for Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live! and
      Audigy-series drivers can be obtained at the following web site
courtesy
      of third party developer George Breese:

      http://www.georgebreese.com/net/software/#CREATIVE

      It is advised that you carefully review the accompanying README file

http://www.georgebreese.com/net/software/readmes/creative_patch_v010_readme.
htm
      prior to downloading and installing the patch. This driver set has
been
      tested publicly with JAWS and reports are positive. It has not been
tested
      by Freedom Scientific.

      Option B:

      A driver set is available by Gateway Computers which has been tested
with
      both JAWS and MAGic and does eliminate the static or crackling
problem.
      These drivers are available and can be downloaded from Gateway at the
      following URL.

      http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?fn=7512638.exe

      Follow the download link and instructions provided. If the URL is
      inoperative, you can go to the Gateway support site and search for
file
      name 7512638.exe. This driver set was tested both publicly and
in-house
      and eliminated the problem for both JAWS and MAGic. Note that this
will
      replace your digital sound capabilities with analog audio only.

Hope this offers you some help.

golden