Re: Easy Media Creator 7.0 help.

  • From: "Lisa Hall" <lhall10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:48:57 -0500

Hi everyone,

I recently bought myself a computer and the software that came with my HP
computer is not accessible.  It came with programs like Record Now, several
photo editing software, and a couple of tutorials for learning Windows XP.
This is my fourth computer that I have purchased since 1998.  I first
started with Windows 3.1 and DOS 6.22 from my nephew who needed to get rid
of his older computer.  It was a Packard-Bell.  At that time, I didn't have
a screen reader for DOS and Windows 3.1.  I used an external speech
synthesizer such as the Braille n' Speak 640 and a couple of demo programs
such as ASAP, ASAW, and a host of other programs.  On my second machine, I
finally put down $4,500.00 in getting Jaws for Windows 2.0.83 and moved from
there. At that time I was using Windows 95 from January 1998 to May 2001.
When I had a problem with my motherboard and memory, my system crashed.
Thank goodness I did not lose any of my files.  I finally called an
individual I knew who builds computers and he only charge me for the parts
to build the machine.  I went to Windows 98 and still have it to this day.
A few weeks ago, a friend of mine had a hard drive crash and he bought an HP
computer much faster processor and a lot more RAM.  Since I purchased
Windows XP Home Edition and all the goodies with this machine, I haven't
regret it.  I was going to get my system built.  I was told to get a system
already built according to my specifications.  This time I have more hard
drive than I know what to do.  I will be calling Roxio tomorrow to see if
they can work out a deal for me.  I have Roxio Easy Creator version 5 on my
Windows 98 machine but I do not have a copy of my own.  This time I am
making sure that I get a legal copy of the program.  I will also be calling
Best Buy where I bought it from and see if they can exchange it.  When I was
at the store, they did not have version 6.  I will see what will happen.