RE: Dragon professional or Preferred

  • From: Jean Menzies <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 12:33:21 -0600

I'll try to dig up information on the Dragon products, but first be aware
that Jaws can't work directly with Dragon.  You need to use a bridging
program like J-say or Jawbone which allows the interface between Jaws and
Dragon.  To get you started, go to
http://www.tandt-consultancy.com/j-say.html

They are the developers of J-say.  J-say is kind of like a huge scripting
program.  The standard version which works with Dragon Preferred is for
those of us with keyboarding ability who want to use Dragon for rapid text
input.  The professional version is for those with motor impairments who
need total speech control.  On this site, there are some links to listen to
demos of the J-say interface.

There is a North American distributor for the J-say product and Dragon
combo.  I don't have all my favorites back on this new computer yet, but I
can get it for you if you want.  Or, Brian Hartgen who is one of the
developers of the J-say product can give it to you.

Jawbone was the first interface program, but again, it's geared more for
those who can't physically use a keyboard.

Jean