  From: Ann Tate
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 14:16
  Subject: Does JJaws10 change the windows vista appearance

  Hi folks,

  We are having a problem with my nephews two month old Toshiba Satellite
Windows Vista laptop. Since I installed Jaws 10 on it yesterday so I could
borrow it for a time and not have to put up with using narrator, he can no
longer playd DVD movies. The message:

  Playback in desktop environment is not supported

  always pops up and the DVD won't play. could J10 have done something to the
windows display or appearance scheme that might cause this problem? And, if so,
how can it be fixed? I uninstalled Jaws, but the error message is still there.

  The drive works fine. He is able to burn CDS, se the DVD contents listed in
Explorer and so forth. I can even play the DVD audio using DVD Audio Extractor,
so I'm almost possitive it isn't a bad DVD rom drive. It isn't a bad DVD disk
either as we have tried various different DVDs, but with the same results.

  Thanks for any advice.

  ~Ann