Does JJaws10 change the windows vista appearance

  • From: Ann Tate <tate886@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:16:10 -0400

Hi folks,

We are having a problem with my nephews two month old Toshiba Satellite
Windows Vista laptop. Since I installed Jaws 10 on it yesterday so I could
borrow it for a time and not have to put up with using narrator, he can no
longer playd DVD movies. The message:

Playback in desktop environment is not supported

always pops up and the DVD won't play. could J10 have done something to the
windows display or appearance scheme that might cause this problem? And, if
so, how can it be fixed? I uninstalled Jaws,  but the error message is still
there.

The drive works fine. He is able to burn CDS, se the DVD contents listed in
Explorer and so forth. I can even play the DVD audio using DVD Audio
Extractor, so I'm almost possitive it isn't a bad DVD rom drive. It isn't a
bad DVD disk either as we have tried various different DVDs, but with the
same results.

Thanks for any advice.

~Ann