Re: Disk partitioning software that is accessible using JAWS

  • From: "Dave Durber" <d.durber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 10:38:45 -0500

Martin:

I had know trouble backing up the 160 GB IDE drive to a backup file on
another drive on my system using JAWS.

The only problem I encountered using Image for Windows using JAWS, was
knowing how much time had elapsed and how much time remained to complete the
backup.  I got around this by using the invisible cursor, moving to the
appropriate lines and getting JAWS to read the current line respectively.

Obviously, when I restore the image to the new drive, it will be the same
size as the original 160 GB drive, thus leaving over 1.8 TB in an
unallocated partition.

I need the partitioning software to reduce the new partition from 160 GB to
50 GB.  Now, I hear you say, that is not much space to store the operating
system and all the software I have installed on my system.  At present,
including Windows XP pro and all the software I have installed, the total
amount of disk space comes to just under 13 GB, leaving around 37 GB in the
new partition, plenty of room for more software.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber