RE: Discussion with Eric Damery

This is excellent news, but the question still must be asked, why in the

hell didn't they just wait and release the version of the software if
they=20
new these bugs existed? Of ccourse, if they didn't know, then obviously
we=20
can't blame them.
The answer to this is they did not do a proper beta cycle in a preview
manor or the private beta testers did not run in to this problem. =20
 But I like the GW Micro approach to things. If it takes a=20
little longer to release a version of the software, then that's all the=20
better if it's as solid and strong as it can be.
I'm not expecting the FS programmers to be perfectionests, and release=20
absolutely bug-free software, that's not possible.  But it just seems
like=20
a good idea to actually wait until bugs can be fixed before releasing a
new=20
version, instead of releasing a buggy version which causes people all
kinds=20
of problems, and then a week later, release a version which, in theory=20
should fix those bugs. Just skip the buggy version and give me the good
one.
I only agree with the above in a case like 6.1 witch does not provide
access to any thing new it just adds features to what we already have.
In a case where we are dealing with a new operating system or access to
a program that people need asap I think the release asap and then fix
problems is the better approach.  How ever in this case we really do not
get access to new programs that is really needed and a few more weeks of
public beta testing and fixing issues would be in order. =20
Hth=20