Re: Creating a group in Outlook Express

  • From: "Mike & Barbara In Arcadia" <mb69mach1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:00:31 -0700

Hi Hina,

The steps I posted earlier will not work in Outlook2010.  Below is what I
found doing a Google search.  The link where I got this information is at
the bottom.

stribution list. You can save it in
an Address Book or in your Contacts folder. The second step is to add your
contacts to the list.

The following example demonstrates how to set up a distribution list in your
Contacts folder.

Back to the top

Define the Distribution List
Outlook 2010
1. On the Home Page, click Address Book to open your Address Book.
2. Click the list below Address Book, and then select Contacts.
3. On the File menu, click New Entry.
4. Under Select the entry type, click New Contact Group.
5. Under Put this Entry, click In The Contacts. This selection determines
where your new distribution list is saved. This is the default location.
6. Click OK. Your new distribution list is now set to be saved in the
Contacts folder, and an untitled distribution list form opens. At this
point, you
can begin adding contacts to your new distribution list, as outlined in the
following section.

Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007
1. On the Tools menu, click Address Book to open your Address Book.
2. In the Show Names from the list, click Contacts.
3. On the File menu, click New Entry, or click the New Entry button on the
toolbar.
4. Under Select the entry type, click New Distribution List.
5. Under Put this Entry, click In The Contacts. This selection determines
where your new distribution list is saved. This is the default location.
6. Click OK. Your new distribution list is now set to be saved in the
Contacts folder, and an untitled distribution list form opens. At this
point, you
can begin adding contacts to your new distribution list, as outlined in the
following section.

Back to the top

Add Contacts to Your New Distribution List
Outlook 2010
1. In the Name box, type the name of your new contact group.
2. Click the Select Members button to add members from any of your Address
Book entries or Contacts.
3. Click Save And Close to save the new distribution list.
The name of the distribution list appears bold as compared to the other
entries in the contact folder. In table views, the distribution list name
appears
in the Fill Name field. You can view the members of the list by opening the
entry.

Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007
1. In the Name box, type the name of your new distribution list.
2. Click the Select Members button to add members from any of your Address
Book entries or Contacts.
3. Click Save And Close to save the new distribution list.
The name of the distribution list appears bold as compared to the other
entries in the contact folder. In table views, the distribution list name
appears
in the Fill Name field. You can view the members of the list by opening the
entry.

Back to the top

void(0)
APPLIES TO

Back to the top

Back to the top

Provide feedback on this information

Did this information solve your problem?

Yes

No

I don't know

Was this information relevant?

Yes

No

How much effort did you personally put forth to use this article?

Very low

Low

Moderate

High

Very high

What can we do to improve this information?

To protect your privacy, do not include contact information in your
feedback.

Submit

E-mail this page

Print this page

Share with Messenger

Share on Facebook

void(0)

Other Resources

Other Support Sites
Community
Get Help Now

Buy Microsoft Office 2010

Article Translations

(الشرق الاوسط (العربية
void(0)

View related content

• How to create a distribution list (distribution group) in Exchange ...
• You receive a "This distribution list has reached the maximum size ...

Search related topics

• Set up contact list in outlook
• How to create a own distribution list
• HOW DO I email a distribution list
• How do I add a distribution list to my ...
• How do I create a new contacts folder

Related Support Centers
• Outlook 2007
• Outlook
• Outlook 2003
• Outlook 2002

en-US/help_icon_48x48

Get Help Now
Contact a support professional by E-mail, Online, or Phone

Microsoft Support

Feedback|
Services Agreement

Contact Us|