RE: Converting PDF's to word with OmniPage SE

  • From: "Bissett, Tom" <tom.bissett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:47:40 -0400

I use kurzweil 1000 to do this.  I find that it generally does a good
job however it requires a couple of steps.
I open the pdf document in the acrobat reader.
Then I print the document to the kurzweil kesi virtual printer by using
control+p to open the print dialogue and select the kesi virtual
printer.
This will perform the scan and OCR on the file bringing it into the
kurzweil program.
I then save the document in MS word format because I find it easier to
work with the document in word rather than the kurzweil interface.
I have not used kurzweil 3000 but I expect it works the same.

Tom Bissett
BMO Financial Group
Technology and Operations
Integrated Client Solutions