  From: Gerald Levy
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 13:03
  Subject: Re: Converting PDF Document Revisited

  Dave,

  I did a little research, and fixed the problem without having to uninstall OB
7.  The following explains the unknown file type error and how to resolve it:

  Using the Freedom Import Printer in OpenBook 7.0 results in Unknown File Type
error message.

  Problem:

  If WYNN 5.0 or OpenBook 8.0 is installed after OpenBook 7.0, OpenBook 7.0
will not be able to use the Freedom Import Printer. This is because WYNN and
OpenBook
  8.0 set the Freedom Import Printer to color, while OpenBook 7.0 requires that
it be black and white. The workaround for OpenBook is to set the printer
  to black and white for OpenBook 7.0. You can set the Freedom Import Printer
back to color when using OpenBook 8.0 and WYNN, though printing will work with
  OpenBook and WYNN in both color as well as black and white.

  Solution:

  If you have OpenBook 8.0 and wish to change the Freedom Import Printer
setting to black and white for use with OpenBook 7.0, do the following:

  list of 9 items
  1. Navigate to the Control Panel, select Printers, and then highlight the
Freedom Import Printer.
  2. Press the Application Key on your keyboard.
  3. Select Properties.
  4. Select the Additional tab, and then choose the Additional Properties
button.
  5. Select the TIFF tab.
  6. Modify the Bits per Pixel combo box setting as desired to either 1 bit -
Black and White or 24 bit - True Color.
  7. Press OK to apply the changes and exit the Printing Defaults dialog box.
  8. Press OK to apply the changes and exit the Freedom Import Printer
Properties dialog box.
  9. Resume printing to the Freedom Import Printer.
  list end

  Gerald