re: Connecting to WIFI with JAWS

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:53:15 -0500

Chris and others who gave advice on this thread:

Okay, I was successful at accessing the WIFI icon via the sys tray. Here's
how I did it:

I pressed the JAWS key + F11, then arrowed down to the WIFI item. I then
tabbed twice until JAWS said "Single left mouse button" and hit enter. This
brought up the list of available WIFI signals from which to use. The only
thing I have to figure out is how to stop Internet Explorer 8 from trying to
connect via my normal dial-up connection, because it takes time for it to
figure out that there is no telephone wire connected. When Internet Explorer
finally figures out there is no telephone connection, it gives me a connect
button, which forces it to connect via the WIFI connection. There must be
some configuration setting I need to change, but I haven't found it yet.
Anyway, thanks for all your assistance.

Alan