Connecting to WIFI with JAWS?

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 04:37:12 -0500

Hello listers,

Santa brought me an early gift of a laptop, and I'm trying to figure out how to
access the WIFI feature with JAWS 11 (Windows 7). To access any available WIFI
signals, however, you have to click on a graphic in the lower right-hand corner
of the screen, but JAWS doesn't see it. If I go to the system tray, and select
the item which gives online status, and  then hit the escape key, I can then
use the laptop's left mouse button to click on this graphic, which then shows a
list of available WIFI signals. This work-around is a bit cumbersome, plus JAWS
does not tell me if there are any WIFI signals available until I take this
action.

Do any of you folks who use WIFI know of any JAWS-friendly methods or utilities
which can make this easier to do?

Alan