Re: Changing punctuation settings

  • From: "Eileen Lafond" <eileen.lafond@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 14:29:42 -0800

Hi,
I have found that that screen does not work with the later versions of
JAWS.  I go into the Options menu and then Voices and then Global
voices. There is a punctuation combo box there.  I have found that if I
change that one it will work for all the applications.

HTH
>>> "Patricia" <bcsarah.fan@xxxxxxxxx> 12/1/2006 12:05 PM >>>
I've done this once, and it's changed since JAWS 6 i believe? don't
quote me
on that, I've merged my settings over the past couple of versions of
JAWS so
can't remember the exact details. but you have to set every individual

punctuation sign, that's what I've figured out. so, for example, when
you
open up the punctuation dialogue you will see all the different marks,
and
then a set of radio buttons indicating all, most, some and none. I just

changed them . see if that works. it's tedious and will take a bit of
playing to figure it out. if you need any help let me know, because I
have
my punctuation set to some as well, and can go through every individual
sign
and let you know how it is set because I can't remember.

Patricia

msn: bc_sarah_fan@xxxxxxxxxxx