Re: Changing default language in OE Spelling Check

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 12:00:42 -0700

Gerald,

I don't have the problem you were confronted with, because I'm using OE 6
and, I guess more relevantly, Word 2000, which I find more manageable in
several ways than the versions that have succeeded it. More manageable with
Jaws, I mean.

But I don't understand what this is that you've downloaded and installed. Is
it a different version of Outlook Express that I've never heard of, thinking
that Version 6 is still the most recent one, now supplanted by a new email
client roughly equivalent to it that runs with Vista? Or is it a spell check
utility that comes from somewhere other than Microsoft and is meant to
restore full spell check functionality to Outlook Express if you've
installed Office 2007 or Word 2007 and thus disabled all but the French
option, for some unexplained reason? As you can see, I haven't understood
this thread very well, and I'd like to.

Thanks. And glad you've found a solution.