Cannot minimize jaws

Hi,
For some strange reason after closing IE, the JAWS application window gets
stuck on my desktop and I cannot minimize it.  I've tried using the system
menu, and also switching to the JAWS curser to click the close window; neither
works. I cannot access any icons on my desktop or use any hot key combos when
this occurs.  I end up having to reboot each time.  I'm using jaws 5.0 and have
Windows ME.  Any help would be  greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Lil ~