Re: Braille display question

  • From: "Sean McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:51:05 -0700

What version of jaws and which display?
----- Original Message -----
From: "David & Patricia Ferrin" <dpf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 12:39 PM
Subject: Braille display question

Hi gang, this is from a friend of mine who isn't on this list and since I
don't own a Braille display I'm hoping somebody out there can help him out.
Thanks in advance.
David Ferrin
***
Hey Dave,

I am trying to look at something on my Braille display, it is a 40
character display.  It is kind of a chunk of stuff in the middle of the
screen So I have to keep panning left to right to see the whole thing.  I
would like to force JAWS to kind of shift things so that I can see the
hole thing on the Braille display.  The section I am trying to look at is
only about 20 chars wide but JAWS insists on showing all the blank space
to the left and right putting the part I want to see over to the right as
far as the display is concerned.

Does that make any sense?

thanks.
Dan Rossi

If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the way
the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the list
owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx