Re: Block Quote, on or off

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 09:05:32 -0800

Jack,
I don't know whether I want to turn off this feature or not, at present, but
thanks for telling us where in the configuration manager settings menu this
could be done.  To be more explicit, the reason I hesitate to turn it off is
because it sometimes helps me to visualize that a passage Jaws is speaking
is inset within narrower margins on the page the way a quoted passage would
appear between paragraphs of the author's own text in a book.  To me, this
is useful knowledge to be given by Jaws.

But the trouble is, as I'm sure you've noticed, that the "block quote" thing
seems to apply itself annoyingly to all sorts of textual situations.  Most
of the time, I'm simply perplexed why I hear it in emails or email replies,
or a bunch of other places.  It's as if a good intention has gone astray,
and is responding to cues (perhaps something like, say, indentation?) no
matter what the context.  Anyone have any idea of the origin and original
purpose of   this particular Jaws refinement?

sounds kind of  and this makes Jaws seem kind of stupid, which makes me
recognizes , for instance,  it appli3es , so , my