Re: Big JAWS problem

Cindy, its probably worth the try.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cindy Handel" <cindy425@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "JFW" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:25 AM
Subject: Big JAWS problem

I don't know how this happened. But, last night, I switched from Eloquence to my Double Talk synthesizer. When I went to switch back, Double Talk stopped talking, but Eloquence didn't come back. I haven't been able to get JAWS talking again on my desktop computer. I've tried to unload JAWS and load another version, I've rebooted the computer, several times. I can tell that JAWS loads when the computer is started, but it won't talk. I also put the JAWS 10 disk in to try to repair and it doesn't talk, either.

I started S A Mobile and was able to tell, with that voice, when I was on the JAWS tab. I pressed alt for the menu and could tell the options, utilities and help menus are there, but not language. Would doing a system restore fix this?

I'm so glad I have my laptop, or I'd really be in a mess. I really hope someone can help.

Cindy