Backup to HD solutions

  • From: "Alan D. Katell, Ph.D." <katell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:21:29 -0500

Hi all,

I have been using Backup Exec 8.6 by Veritas to back up my LAN for about
3 years.  Because of an OS upgrade for one of my work stations, I had to
upgrade Backup Exec to version 9.0.  While the new version still works
very well with JAWS, it doesn't quite handle the backup duties as well
as the earlier version.  I am therefore considering other solutions.

Does anyone have experience with other network backup software that is
JAWS friendly?  I need to back up a WINDOWS 2000 server along with one
WINDOWS 98 SE and two XP PRO work stations.  I'm using JAWS 5.1.

Thanks for any ideas.

Alan