Re: Avast detected Trojan in Jaws

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 09:19:02 -0000

I will ask friends over here who use avast and who I know are members of many lists,and if they have seen similar postings I will come back to you, one friend has I know been happy so far although in the beginning he went on a bit about something called "capture, only remember not to use Kaspersky, it as I have mentioned stopped working with Jaws, the nasty thing is it once did and so a good few of use using Jaws and wineyes got caught, my laptop was wiped clean last year by a most viscious attack, I had 2 attacks one in June and another in July,second time I got in a professsional engineer, and the 5 trojans were in 1 attachment, and 1 in Jaws acting as if part of Jaws, I do not know your laws in USA but over here Manufactured goods are not protected under the Sale of goods act, , reason an Mp told me was "it might be thought to inhibit the creativity of Manufacturers I contacted Ncc National Consumer Council and they agreed with me the law regarding anti-virus should be changed, something about "unfair LicenceAgreements, if you think about a car a table a washing machine are all Manufactured goods,but I know not much about Legal matters I think something called "extra statutory clauses are often used,I have not given up dorothy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred Adams" <hamshack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>