RE: Automatically Start JAWS

  • From: "Jim Grimsby" <jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:20:48 -0700

Or just assign a hot key to Jaws and start it as needed.
This is not a good idea to be completely depended on this.  Shortcut
keys are easily damaged.
Especially if you have them in the all users folder.
Startup group interys are far less susceptible to damage.
So while having a shortcut key is a good idea this should not be the
only means you have to start jaws.
If you are using 6.x you can go to the run dialog and type jawsx where x
is the version number and jaws will start so if you have jaws 6.2 you
could type jaws62 and it should start.
If you are a user that knows he is always going to need jaws anyway
putting it right there in your startup group will save you a lot of
trouble.  Now on my computers if I allow others to use them then they
can turn off jaws even if they have a user name.  That is the long end
and the short end of it
Hth