Re: Assigning a sound to Caps Lock

  • From: "Horspool, Matthew F." <drjaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:30:07 -0000

Hi,

I'm not sure if this will solve your problem...

There are at least two ways of alerting you when you have pressed the capslock
key.  The first way will only work while JFW is
active, the second will work anywhere.  I will describe each way in turn,
starting with the JAWS method:

Press JAWSKey+NumberRow6 for Configuration Manager.

Press CTRL+SHFT+D for the Default.JCF file.

Press ALT+S for Set Options.

Press K for Keyboard Options.

CTRL+Tab to the Key Labels Page and then press C for Capital Capslock.

Now here is where it gets troublesome.  Check to see what the entire line says.
 If it says "Capital Capslock Speak", move onto the
Windows method.  If the line says "Capital Capslock Mute" wack the space bar on
it, so it will say "Capital Capslock Speak".

Press Enter to OK the dialog, and then CTRL+S to save changes.  You may now
ALT+F4 out of configuration manager.

Try pressing the Capslock Key now.  Does JAWS say Capslock On or Capslock Off?
If it does, you can stop here if you like, however
having both methods in force will not hurt.  If it does not, read on to method
two, which will make changes to Windows rather than
JAWS.

Method Two:  Enable Toggle Keys.

Press Windows+M to get to the Desktop.

Press CTRL+Escape for the Start Menu.

Press S for Settings.

Press Enter on Control Pannel.

Now enter on Accessibility Options.

Tab down the dialog until you here something like "Toggle Keys:  Use Toggle
Keys Checkbox".

Press the Space bar until you here "checked" and then press Enter to leave the
Dialog.

Alt+F4 out of control pannel.

If neither of these methods work, try rebooting your computer.

If there is still no luck, I can't help!

I hope you find either of these methods useful.

Regards,
Matthew